Welcome to the American Institute for English Proficiency’s Internship-Work-Immersion-OJT Program. At The American Institute, we believe in “edutainment,” a fusion of education and entertainment. That means that we want our interns to have fun while learning. We believe that when you are having fun, the learning will be much greater because you can absorb more and do more when you are enjoying.
We have a great internship/OJT program for you. You will NOT be merely photocopying, filing, or encoding. At The American Institute, we will show you how to become an excellent colleague by working on administrative and marketing tasks. You will be interacting with the Specialists, clients, and students of The American Institute through different activities such as event planning, scheduling, classroom annotating, and event specific fun events.
We invite you to apply as an intern at our school, and we will make sure that you will enjoy the learning process as an intern or OJT. Simply email your letter of intent and resume to email@example.com.
Practice makes perfect, but we believe that practice makes more fun!
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Login to our social media accounts and post three times throughout the day, once in the morning, once at lunch time, and once at the end of the day. Please make sure that you follow the correct format: Caption. I love studying at The American Institute, the best place to learn English in the Philippines. www.aiepro.com. ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 0917-701-9520 #AIEPRO #English #AIEPROEnglish #grammar #writing #IELTS #TOEFL #StudyEnglish #LearnEnglish #EnglishSchool #ReviewCenter
A. AIEP Makati Facebook Page
B. AIEP Quezon City Facebook Page
C. AIEP Facebook Group
D. AIEP Intern Facebook Account
E. AIEP Instagram @AIEPROENGLISH Account
E. AIEP Intern Instagram @InternLifePh Account
F. AIEP Intern Instagram @CollegeLifePh Account
- EMAIL CAMPAIGNS
A. Search for the email contact of companies and schools.
B. Upload corporate contacts on Hubspot.
C. Send email to contacts using templates on Hubspot.
- VENDOR PARTNERSHIPS – Contact companies for potential vendor partnerships. For example, we can sponsor a weekly gift certificate (GC) giveaway through raffle drawing at a coffee shop using the business cards of customers. We can offer the students of AIEP discounted items and services from specific vendors.
A. Tour and Travel Agencies
B. Hotels and Restaurants
C. Bookstores, Cafes, and Others
B. Filing and Copying
C. Phone Handling
D. Front Desk Handling
A. Documentation of Classes
C. Financial Reports
Welcome to the American Institute for English Proficiency’s Internship and Work Immersion Program. At The American Institute, we take pride in the high quality training we provide our interns, but we also make sure that having fun is part of the learning process. Here is your Intern/OJT Manual to help you ensure that you will be able to make the most out of your time at AIEP.
This manual only serves as your guide to success. Most of the learning and fun activities will happen as we progress through your hours rendered. If you have any questions with any policies, do not hesitate to ask your supervisor or manager. Good luck!
- No Discrimination Policy: The American Institute is a diverse workplace. We respect everyone, we therefore will enforce no discrimination based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, and veteran status.
- Courtesy Policy: Please make sure that cellphones and social media accounts are not used during internship/OJT hours, unless directed by supervisor for specific tasks related to work. Restroom break should be limited or minimized. Lastly, in order to facilitate better work environment, noise should be minimized as well. This doesn’t mean that we do not want to have fun. It simply means that we want to respect and be courteous to our colleagues as well.
- English Only Policy: We want to provide all our students and colleagues a great place for learning English. We should practice what we preach so that we can continue to improve our English and communication skills.
- Attendance: There are two shifts available, 9am to 5pm and 11am to 8pm. In order to assist you with your schedule, interns and OJTs will be given an option to select one.
- Attire: We have smart casual dress code for all interns and OJTs. On Fridays, however, we have a dress down code, and you will be allowed to wear dark jeans and casual shoes.
- Attitude: We are all about learning and having fun at The American Institute. In fact, some of our students call us their second home. Make sure that you live all negativity outside, and come in with all energy and enthusiasm.
Results versus Efforts: At The American Institute, we want to make sure that our interns and OJTs learn very important skills, attitudes, and behaviors necessary to be competitive in the global marketplace. As a result, it is vital that our interns and OJTs understand the difference between results or performance and efforts.
Results means that there was high impact when it comes to work production. Goals were set and achieved. Better yet, they were achieved beyond expectations.
Effort doesn’t necessarily mean that high impact was achieved. Even though there was much effort, there was still failure, resulting into not achieving the goals set. This doesn’t mean that there was no learning; in fact, we believe that we learn a lot from our mistakes. We simply learn our lessons and do it better the next day.